How to add your events and results
A description and reminder how to add your event and results. Before you have set a date and paid lots of money for a gym, I hope you checked the USAB calendar, and perhaps also the perpetual calendar on http://www.astro.umd.edu/~teuben/badminton/ne-schedule.html to avoid potential conflicts with tournaments near and far.
- Please check well in advance of planning, how your tournament fits in the master schedule. Check with Yvonne and Junichi.
- First and foremost, you need to have an account and then sign on.
- Once you have done that , in the lower left you will see your login name and a few bullets such as "my account", "create content" etc. Click on "create content",
- Another bullet will open "event" on which you should click
- Enter an appropriate title, possible also add the year, e.g. 2011 Boston Open
- in the body enter some information, probably most useful will be a link/URL to the webpage with all the information. There is a special button for adding a link, it looks lke a chain, on the 2nd row of icons somewhere near the middle
- Edit the Start Date, but pay attention to the Starting Time
- If the event has an ending data, tag that button and edit that Ending Date and Ending Time
- Preview and Save
- Don't worry if there are incomplete items. You can either edit or add a comment to this entry.
After the tournament you probably want to post results. Best is the results section in the lower left part of the webpage. Following a similar procedure to adding the event:
- sign on
- click on create content
- pick something, Blog entry is probably ok if you prefer it to be under your name, but Page or Story possibly also ok?
- Fill in the Title:
- Under Menu settings (slightly hidden/indented between Title and Body) you click and find Menu Link Title: fill this out as well, and select the Parent Item: to be the <Results>
- enter the link and/or results under the Body:
- scroll down and hit "Preview" and when happy "Save". It should now appear in the lower left Results entry.
Note: if you are copying content into the body from another webpage or email, you will likely need to scroll down to input format and choose "full html" in order to properly display formatting and pictures if you have any.